Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Organic fabrics found!

I have been looking for a source for some fabric for sewing projects and stumbled upon this site, Near Sea Naturals. Although I haven't ordered yet, I am going to soon! They have everything I have been looking for in organic form; fabric, thread, batting, even a sheepskin replacement made with sheared wool and a cotton backing. The prices are a bit steep, as is to be expected, but from the pictures, the quality is quite high, and they even have some prints and fashion fabric in shades other than beige. They sell (for a very reasonable .50) a swatch of nearly all of the fabrics. Also unlike most of the sites that I have run across, the will sell by the yard to the general public. I have a million and one projects running through my mind after checking this site out....especially after seeing the hemp fiber fill....I want to make a stuffed animal for my friend with this!
(Click on the title to go directly to the store's home page)

Blue Moon Light Flannel

I love this pattern!

No comments: